Reports to: Sales Manager
Purpose of Position:
To sell Electronic Fasteners, Inc. products by providing superior service, creating new accounts, processing customer orders, assuring delivery according to customer specifications, providing pricing information, and preparing bids and quotes. Interfaces with Accounting, Field Sales and warehouse personnel when responding to inquiries, returns, service, delivery, etc. Enhances EFI’s market position by improving service, expanding product line, and applying creative pricing and sound technical support to new and existing customers. Clearly acts as customer liaison and prepares special reports as requested.
- Conduct telephone sales transactions with existing client base and new customers to increase sales.
- Cultivate and promote new accounts and customers, creating new sales opportunities.
- Service assigned preferred customers with total EFI sales and service expertise.
- Upgrade sales orders and increase the size of orders with existing customers.
- Provide customers with a wide variety of complete product information, pricing and delivery schedules necessary to obtain sales order.
- Occasionally expedite back orders for delivery to customers.
- Process customer delivered defects in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Provide technical support and establish rapport to sustain customer satisfaction.
- Research through vendors for alternative product for compliance with specifications to obtain best deal for the customer.
- Review own orders for accuracy to minimize errors.
The above are those activities normally expected to be performed. However, other tasks and duties requiring the same basic skills and training may be included.
Constant interaction with customers in strong sales/service orientation. Very frequent interaction with suppliers utilizing strong negotiating skills. Frequent interaction with other departments. Interrelationships require negotiating skills, selling and persuasion skills, expediting with tact and diplomacy.
High school graduate plus specialized training. 4 to 6 years experience with proven skills and documented telemarketing sales and service oriented experience in same or similar field. Good technical knowledge in mechanical applications. Good use of computer systems necessary.