Reports to: Accounting Manager
Purpose of Position:
To provide support to the Accounting Department in a variety of accounting and financial activities with main responsibility for accounts receivable, collections, accounts payable, filing, and payroll rotation.
• Process accounts receivable activities by posting of cash receipts and reconciliation of customer accounts.
• Maintain the accounts receivable data base such as Customer Maintenance, Ship to Maintenance, etc.
• Processing invoices, debit, and credit memos.
• Invoice all shipped confirmed orders and process through the mail or email.
• Sending out monthly statements.
• Generate credit and collection calls to delinquent accounts through P21 process.
• Open new accounts by reviewing credit references supplied by customer. Obtain Dun and Bradstreet reports when necessary.
• Summarize sales and cash receipts to the accounts receivable ledger daily and updating excel spreadsheets.
• Ability to assist in AP functions and cross train in all AP duties and responsibilities such as entering vendor invoices and preparing and paying bills.
• Maintain Complete filing systems including creating new file folders as needed for all company documents
• At year end to remove files to the archive area and purge necessary documents.
• Process outbound mail as needed.
• Provide backup support for payroll duties through month end closing, quarterly taxes, year-end closing and W-2’s.
• Assist Accounting Manager in human resources and benefits administration.
• Provide backup for payroll processing and perform payroll functions as needed
• Aids in administration of incentive and commission payouts.
• Processing of direct deposit and 401k payments, etc.
• Assist in the reconciliation of monthly bank statements
• Monitor and reconcile investment accounts.
• The above are those activities normally expected to be performed. However, other tasks and duties requiring the same basic skills and training may be included.
Frequent interaction with employees throughout the company requiring professionalism and courtesy. Interaction with customers regarding account receivables, account payables, and HR issues requires diplomacy and tactfulness.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job-related experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, word, P21, QuickBooks or any accounting systems.
• 3 to 5 years of basic accounting and/or bookkeeping along with data entry experience required.
• High concentration of attention to detail as a work ethic and more than reasonable accuracy expected in accounting transactions.
• Ability to work effectively with teams and great customer skills
10 days’ vacation days, 5 days sick time, Medical Insurance, Dependable Care FSA, Life Insurance, 11 paid holidays including your birthday off, 401k Match, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement.
Salary range: $48,000 – $53,000